I don’t know about you, but I feel like my dogs have also felt the isolation anxiety during the pandemic. We were mostly inside for three months until things started getting back to the new normal. We only did shorts walks around the neighborhood and the backyard. So, when it was finally safe to be out and about, I knew they needed to go on some adventures too. These are my personal top five favorite dog friendly restaurants.
- Truro Winery in Truro- I have been here a few times this summer and the wait is never that long. The tables are socially distanced and everyone is wearing a mask when they are not at their table! You need to order from their food truck in order to get a seat. Bring your fluffy friend and enjoy some wine and food!
- Cape Cod Coffee- For breakfast or lunch, there are three locations! Mashpee, Mashpee Commons, and Hyannis. The coffee is great but on the pricier side of the spectrum. If you go to the Mashpee Commons location, you can also enjoy some shopping. There are plenty of great stores to visit.
- Pepe’s Wharf Restaurant in P-Town – Great lunch or dinner spot with a beautiful waterfront view. If you are a fan of coconut, try their homemade cake.
- Hog Island Beer Company in Orleans- They are doing a fantastic job with social distancing by having all of the tables spread out and wearing masks. The cauliflower balls and garden salad are awesome and they have a great cocktail menu, which is great for non beer drinkers. A fun place to go with your family and furry friends.
- WayDownTown Restaurant in P-Town- Another right-on-the-beach spot! Can’t go wrong here! All of the menus are disposable and tables are respectably six feet apart. The burgers are a popular menu choice here.
Please make sure your doggies are well behaved and know their basic commands before taking them to any public restaurant. It won’t be enjoyable for you or other customers if your dog is constantly barking! I have been the person with the barking dog, so I know the “Oh no they’re giving me the your dog is ruining my meal look.” Most dogs do enjoy sharing a meal or two with you, so you may get lucky with the good behavior. If you have a puppy, it is so important for their development to be socialized, even at a distance. It is never too early to start training puppies to have good table manners!