Just over a year ago, we were thinking things would never be the same again. So much can change in a year. So many lives lost, so many lives brought into this world. Are we really back to normal? Can we live everyday like 3.5 million people haven’t lost their lives to this virus?
Today is the day we can go back to “normal” in Massachusetts. No more masks are necessary if you have been fully vaccinated (but who is out there checking vaccination cards?) I just hope we all still remember everything we have learned. Here is a list of things we should continue to do:
1. Wash our damn hands, because that’s a common thing we should do, right?
2. Stay home if we feel sick, even if we think it’s just a cold.
3. Be aware of other people’s boundaries. Before 6 feet social distancing was a thing, I swear someone behind me in line at the grocery store could count all the freckles on the back of my neck. Respect a stranger’s space.
4. Hugging is my favorite thing to do. Hug more friends and family, And hug often.
5. Get vaccinated. Or not. But you should.
6. Smile. It’s been hidden for so long, someone will appreciate your smile.